Liebster Award Nomination – Pay It Forward
I have a heart full of gratitude to Esther Dorotik for nominating me for the Liebster Award! What an excellent way to kick off a month of thankfulness. I am absolutely honored to be chosen. Thank you, Esther.
I knew the first time I visited Chosen and Cherished I would love it. Right on the front page of her website, she has a beautiful picture with my favorite words “Be Still.” Esther has a lovely way of encouraging others to pursue our Savior passionately. She also is an accomplished photographer, so I love looking at the pictures she posts. Please do take the time to visit her website.
Would you like to know what the Liebster award is all about?
It is a virtual award passed from one blogger to another. If the nominee chooses to accept the award it gives readers a chance to learn more about the writer and to share some of their favorite bloggers.
It is such an honor and encouragement to receive this award and a great privilege to pass it on.
Here Are the Rules
- You must acknowledge who has nominated you and also share their links.
- Share 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer all 11 questions asked.
- Nominate 11 more bloggers whose blog you would recommend.
- Ask 11 questions that you would like those bloggers to answer.
- Include an image of the Liebster Award either in your post or the sidebar of your blog.
- Let the bloggers you are nominating them for the award.
Maree Dee shares Eleven Facts
- I love helping others but struggle with asking for help.
- Planning is my forte, but I have learned to be flexible in most situations.
- The best title I have ever earned is being a mom.
- Love to play the piano but don’t like people to listen to me.
- I am a picky eater, but I am totally okay just eating rice for a meal.
- Singing is a passion of mine, but I can’t carry a tune.
- Red is my favorite color.
- A few things I don’t like: chocolate, wine, or fish. Therefore, no matter how it is cooked or how expensive the bottle I still will not like it.
- God is my very best friend and companion.
- Diet coke is how I start the day.
- At three days old I was adopted.
Maree Dee Answers Esther’s Questions
As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
First and foremost, I wanted to be a mom. As for a career choice, that changed as I matured. As a little girl, I wanted to be a teacher like my Mom. I played school for endless hours. Then as time went on my passion for helping others came out. Children became my heartbeat and especially those that carried pain deep down inside. I started college determined to become a Child Psychologist and ended up being a Certified Public Accountant. I know – strange change, but accounting came easy, and I found I could still help others through different avenues.
What has been your greatest struggle with blogging?
“ME” – hands down on so many different levels. I had to learn how to have the confidence to say, “I am a writer.” and hit the publish button. It meant getting over my fears, excuses, insecurities, and my desire to get it perfect. You can read more about my journey with writing in a post, “Do You Listen to God’s Whispers.” Click here.
Aside from the Bible, what is your favorite book?
Hard one to answer, I love to read. Two books that changed my life are – “The Best Yes: Making Wise Decisions in the Midst of Endless Demands,” by Lysa TerKeurst and “Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World,” by Joanna Weaver. You can click here to order them or see some of my other favorite books.
How would you describe your perfect day?
Being out in God’s creation whether it be skiing, hiking or just embracing the beauty around me.
What three words describe you best?
Determined | Compassionate | Dependable
Besides God, who has influenced you most?
My mom, she has shown me how to grab hold of God and walk through the fire without giving up. Yes, we do get a little singed here and there, but one can make it with determination and faith.
What is your favorite holiday? What makes it unique?
Thanksgiving! I love reflecting on gratitude.
What is your hidden talent?
Hmmm, I don’t think I have one.
Name your three favorite foods.
I know you didn’t ask for dessert, but I would eat sweets over a meal any day. Sour Candy, White Cake, & Crème Brûlée
What would you like to be remembered most for?
My faith in God. God is the one that has carried me through painful circumstances. Through my relationship with him, he gave me the strength and the courage to never give up and to believe the impossible can happen.
Growing up, what was your favorite cartoon or TV show?
Strange I know, but I never liked cartoons. I did like The Brady Bunch and The Waltons.
My Nominations for the Liebster Award
- No Ordinary days | Angela Howard
- Purposeful Faith | Kelly Balarie
- Abiding in Grace | Sarah Frazer
- Live Fully Love Bravely | Holley Gerth
- Above the Waves | Dawn Klinge
- Dare 2 Hear | Debbie Kitterman
- Soaring with Him | Patricia Holbrook
- Unchartered Waters | Debbie Putman
- Refreshing the Writers | Meghan Weyerbacher
- Milk and Honey Faith | Natalie Venegas
- Finding the Hope of Christ | Abby McDonald
Congratulations to the nominees. You are a constant inspiration in my world of blogging. I appreciate your faithfulness and your encouraging words. Thank you!
What Does Maree Want to Know about You?
- What are you most thankful for today, besides family?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- Name three words to describe who you are?
- If you could ask God one question today, what would it be?
- What helps you get through the unexpected in life?
- If you could cure one disease what would it be? Why?
- What is your favorite thing to do?
- If you had to flee your home and could only take two things with you, what would it be?
- What do you like most about your best friend?
- If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
- What do you want people to remember about you?
Let’s ALL get to know each other here at Embracing the Unexpected. The Liebster Award is an excellent opportunity to find out a little bit more about each other whether you are a blogger or not. Please look above and choose a few questions to answer. I would love to get to know more about you.
We would love to have you join our community at Embracing the Unexpected
Click here to subscribe and receive posts straight to your inbox along with a small gift.